You must be a member to post on the forums!
Rate:
Rated
Author Rating: 0 Topic: Watermelon Carving and Fruit Display (Read 0 times)
Jackie

« Reply #0: Jan 12, 2013, 5:06 AM »
Rating: 0
Rate:
Rated

I mentioned yesterday that we were having a formal dinner. What I didn't tell you is that a family friend stopped by and kindly made these amazing fruit centerpieces using pineapple, watermelon, raspberries, cantaloupe and mandarins from our garden. Shayla is a very talented caterer in San Jose. She went to culinary school and has been in the catering business for over 20 years, creating outstanding, complex displays for weddings and other parties. 

For our dinner party she showed us how to carve the fruits in a manner that adds an extra wow factor to the end of the meal. The presentation looked out-of-this-world pretty to me, but she said that if we had given her more time she would have put much more thought into it to make it even more extravagant. I've never ventured into trying to carve a watermelon myself and I'm not sure how realistic it is to attempt to recreate it. I was very impressed that all she needed was a small scalpel-like blade and her dexterity. Everything is edible; she even created the pink pineapple topping with dyed, thinly sliced daikon radish.

If you're interested in having these beautiful fruit centerpieces, fruit and cheese platter or sandwich displays for your own party in the Bay Area, don't hesitate to leave your contact info in the feedback section and I will gladly transmit your info to my friend so she can deliver her amazing work to you. 

Check Pinterest for more fruit displays and don't forget to follow or repin my boards. Have a wonderful weekend!

Fruit Displays Picture

Rate:
Rated