You must be a member to post on the forums!
Rate:
Rated
Author Rating: 0 Topic: About PhamFatale.com (Read 78 times)
Jackie

« Reply #0: Dec 23, 2008, 4:26 PM »
Rating: 0
Rate:
Rated

My name is Jacqueline (Jackie) Pham, and I started PhamFatale.com as a way to interact with other foodies.  I am not a professional cook, I've never attended any cooking classes, but I just love to cook for my family and friends.

For me, cooking is an expression of love. I love to cook and I cook for the ones I love. Great food is nourishment for the body and soul. Whether it's a savory entrée, a refreshing drink or a decadent dessert, we all have those favorite dishes that take us back in time.

I was born in the City of Light, Paris, France. My parents emigrated from Saigon, Vietnam in the mid 70s. From early on I was exposed to both cultures and cuisines. I love delicate French pastries and crave all the traditional Asian seafood dishes. In my mid-twenties, I moved to the sunny San Francisco Bay Area to be with my husband. Like me, he is the child of immigrants, though his parents are from India and he was born in the US.

We have a big family here, so there are always plenty of mouths to feed. We have a 14-month-old daughter. My husband has four little sisters, ranging in age from 9 to 17. My husband and 3 of his sisters are vegetarians. My father-in-law is a vegetarian but he only likes spicy Indian food and is allergic to mushrooms. My husband's 12-year-old sister is deathly allergic to eggs and all nuts (except peanuts, go figure!). And the rest of us are meat lovers.

Dinner is always a production at home because of everyone's dietary restrictions. I've learned lots of tricks and techniques to create easy, flavorful veggie and meat dishes, as well as desserts to satisfy my hubby's sweet tooth. Phamfatale.com is my way of sharing my passion with all the other foodies and femmes fatales out there who want to put great, memorable meals on the table for their loved ones.  I know a lot of people guard their cooking secrets like they are a matter of national security, but I'm a believer that knowledge is meant to be shared.  So I'll be sharing all my secrets, and those of the best cooks I know.

I hope you join me on this new adventure and share your tips and secrets with me.

All the photographs are taken by me. I took a photography class last Fall. Thanks, Kate for all your help. 

UPDATE: A huge thank you to Carole Florian. Carole's been editing all the recent posts on PhamFatale.com. I make a lot of spelling and grammatical errors and because English is not my mother tongue, my idioms are sometimes idiotic. Carole, thank you so much for making me sound good!

lenora

« Reply #1: Jun 10, 2009, 5:14 AM »
Rate:
Rated

Hi Jackie,
I love your recipes, the fusion with Asian, French and whatever is great.
I do not have recipe for you, but I use tarragon with grated ginger over fruit. I am serving your citrus chicken tomorrow night at a dinner party and will have a large tropical fruit salad dressed with tarragon and ginger for dessert. I will serve ginger ice cream and sorbet with the fruit.
I too believe in sharing cooking tips. That helps everyone keep a fresh new side to the dishes they serve.
Keep up the great work.
Margaret
anuwahi

« Reply #2: Jun 24, 2009, 6:36 PM »
Rate:
Rated

Hi Jackie
It was really nice to meet all of you on Sunday evening. I am glad you liked my cooking. Please send me your email address.

Thanks
Anu Wahi
Guest-coco

« Reply #3: Aug 30, 2009, 7:48 PM »
Rate:
Rated

Hi Jackie, thanks for visiting my blog so i could find yours. Love your culture background and fusion cuisine. Looking forward to learn a lot from you! :)

coco Website Link
Guest-AllieLiveLaughEat

« Reply #4: Sep 02, 2009, 1:30 PM »
Rate:
Rated

Hi Jackie!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am really enjoying all your recipes and photos (so beautiful!). I love French food so I will definitely be checking back for some recipes to try.

Allie

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) Website Link
Guest-Yvonne

« Reply #5: Sep 28, 2009, 10:41 PM »
Rate:
Rated

Hi Jackie,
Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. I have been to your blog several months ago and remembered it when I saw your name. I'm honored that you 'visited' my site, as I think yours is just BEAUTIFUL!! Lots of eye candy here for sure! Great work.
Yvonne

Yvonne, My Halal Kitchen Website Link
Guest-Barlin

« Reply #6: Oct 07, 2009, 11:20 AM »
Rate:
Rated

Jackie,
You are an amazing woman and roll model to all women. Your website is wonderful and I am sure you will inspire a lot of people.

Thanks for posting all the yummy food.

Barlin

Barlin Website Link
Guest-Woody

« Reply #7: Oct 19, 2009, 8:53 PM »
Rate:
Rated

The name Pham Fatale is truly inspired! Making the experience even more unique is the way you've made use of the French, Vietnamese, and Indian elements of your own background in organizing the site the way you have. The Indian dishes are especially appealing.
Guest-Trisha537

« Reply #8: Oct 20, 2009, 10:46 PM »
Rate:
Rated

Hi Jackie,
I am new to your site. My brother forward me your site as I was in search for a recipe for banh cam. Will continue to surf your site for future ideas to cook. Thanks. oh and a great site you have going.
Guest-TranHoangLan

« Reply #9: Nov 07, 2009, 8:54 AM »
Rate:
Rated

chi Pham oi, em da viet mot la thu cho chi. Nhung khong biet thu co den tay chi khong. Em muon duoc phong van chi cho to bao cua em la bao Phu nu thu do, 72
quan su, ha noi-mot to bao cua chi em phu nu
Neu duoc, chi email lai cho em nhe. Cam on chi nhieu a. Email cua em la vulanchi2004@yahoo.com.
o phan comment em khong noi duoc nhieu, nen chi em minh neu duoc se trao doi them qua email cua em nhe.
tks c
Guest-Tina611

« Reply #10: Nov 10, 2009, 11:13 AM »
Rate:
Rated

Jacqueline- your bio is very interesting and aspiring. Me and my husband are based in KS and are of Indian origin. We both are vegetarian but our 3 kids are "carnivores" :).. Looking forward to trying all the interesting recipes you have here.
-Tina
Kimhume

« Reply #11: Nov 13, 2009, 10:24 PM »
Rate:
Rated

I have been searching for a Chim cuc roti recipe,thank ,your website is wonderfull,con` Jackie you are so cute dep...deplam'.Iwill learn a lot from you,cam' on em rat' nhieu`
Rate:
Rated