Smoked Salmon Appetizers (Easy party Appetizers)
I'm often being asked advice on how best to prepare food for a large crowd. You don't want to end up slavishly cooking in the kitchen while your guests mingle, so make sure to choose easy-to-make party foods. Here is a sample of items I would usually serve:
- I decorate a serving platter containing sweet ingredients such as fresh fruit and a bowl of mixed nuts.
- A must and quick and easy condiments are hummus, guacamole, salsa, roasted bell peppers and pickled mushrooms.
- Cold shrimp with tomato relish is easy to prepare in advance.
- Store-bought items such as marinated artichokes hearts,sun-dried tomatoes, several kinds of olives, capers and a selection of deli meats are sure to be a hit among the meat lovers.
- Finally, crackers and different varieties of cheeses served at room temperature, along with grapes (if they're in season) often complete the buffet table.
- But my favorite of all is a platter of smoked salmon. This time, I rolled each slice into a flower, added crisp, tiny gherkin pickles (called cornichons in French), garnished with slices of Meyer lemon and fresh dill, accompanied with slices of baguette and served with a bowl of sour cream.
We like to host parties fairly often and I usually go for buffet-style food. For us, food is always an excuse to gather family and friends. Keep in mind that the food should be eaten in 2-3 bites, maximum. You want your guests to enjoy the party and mingle, which means the food should be easy to eat, so that it doesn't interrupt the flow of conversation. Party food shouldn't take days to create, and with these options, no cooking is required!
Don't forget; there's still time to enter our third (and last) giveaway! The first two randomly selected winners are Natalie Fong and Hannah Nguyen. Congrats ladies!
Nuts About Granola Giveaway Entry Form:
Pham Fatale Giveaway Terms and Conditions: No purchase necessary. All prizes are generously donated by the company featured. Winners will be chosen at random, and odds of winning depend on the number of entrants. Pham Fatale is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, illegible or incomplete entries which will be disqualified. US Residents only please. Only one entry per person per giveaway. Prizes are not refundable or returnable. Giveaway terms subject to change.